In our generation it's unbelievably hard to know who's with you for the long haul and who's only with you until someone else comes along. So many people you thought would be in your wedding someday haven't talked to you in months and others you'd thought would be your child's God parents disappeared without any reason. It's hard to accept it sometimes, but don't lose hope. Occasionally, out of nowhere and totally unexpected, you'll meet someone knew and before you know it, it's like you were destined to be best friends for life. Before you get too comfortable, here's some tips to prove that your friendship is as real as Monica and Rachel's from 'Friends':
1. There are no secrets. I mean none. Even when you try to lie or hide something, she knows you so well that she can tell by your facial expressions that you've got something to tell her.
2. The only time she makes you cry, is by laughing. You don't question why you like her so much, she's the only one who appreciates your laugh and laughs right along with you. The only time a true friend should make you cry is when your cheeks hurt because you two are insanely crazy together.
3. You can have fun doing nothing. Not a single word needs to be said for you to have a perfectly great night together. A large pizza, bottle of wine, and Netflix is one of your favorite hobbies together.
4. She’s in all of your favorite memories. Since she's came into your life, it's like the two of you became sidekicks. It's rare to see one without the other and not just for the two of you, but everyone else notices as well. You have more inside jokes that others would never understand and memories that will last a lifetime.
5. You understand each other. With just one look, you can tell what each other is thinking. You can vent for hours and talk about life for days, she always sees your side of things and you understand hers.
6. Your family is hers and vice versa. You basically share siblings and parents. In fact, your parents eventually become friends as well. It's like you gained a whole new family when you met her.
7. People start to question if your lesbian lovers. You share clothes and a bed most nights. You triple date with her and her boyfriend and she doesn't hesitate to interrupt any alone time you thought you may have had with yours. Sometimes, your boyfriends feel more like the outcast. You just laugh when people make comments because it's not the first time you've heard it.
8. You cry together, the ugly cry. She's there through the good times, but even more so during the bad. She will hold you and cry right along with you. She never hesitates to lend her shoulder. It's like your pain is hers and you would never let her cry alone.
9. You’re honest and always tell the truth. There's no sugar coating anything when it comes to the two of you. If she doesn't like your outfit or if you think her hair looks like she's from 1978, you tell each other like it is. You will tell one another all of the things that everyone else hesitates to say.
10. There is no judging. Whether it be from your past, present, or your future. You never point fingers nor judge each other. It goes back to the understanding each other part. You don't care about her mistakes because you know you've made them too and you accept that everything that's happened has lead to both to where you are today.
11. You help each other, push each other, and support each other. No matter what goals, dreams, or ambitions you have, she's always the first one there cheering you on. She's your #1 fan and believes in you more than you believe in yourself. You inspire her and keep her pushing forward when she just wants to let go. You two are a team and have each other's back.
12. You do most things together, but not everything. Like I said earlier, most people find it weird to see you out about without her, but you both make time for other friends as well. You are always down to add another friend to the group, it's just a known fact that the bond the two of you have, could never be broken.
13. She’s always been there and so have you. No matter what obstacles life throws your way, you know that you can count on her to pick you up when you're down and she can always count on you for your words of wisdom. You don't know how you got this far without her and she can't imagine going on in life without you.
14. You are two of a kind. They say opposites attract and in some ways this is true for the two of you; however, 9 times out of 10 you guys are the exact same. You always finish each other's sentences and you definitely have the same sense of humor. You are partners in crime and always getting in to some sort of trouble.
15. You are so much more than ‘just friends’, you’re sisters. They say that blood is thicker than water, but when it comes to your friendship, the two of you see no difference. It doesn't matter how long you've known each other, forever started at 'Hey girl!' and it will never end.
Having a friendship like Monica and Rachel is like finding a four leaf clover in a field. It's hard, but consider yourself lucky once you've found her. It's like having a soulmate in your best friend's body. Nothing will compare to the strength of true friendship, so never let it go.